Thursday, February 11, 2010

Put on your comfy jeans... this is a longie but a goodie

Ahhhh... it's good to be back.

Feel like I haven't blogged in ages. Crossing my fingers big time that life will settle down promptly after Valentine's day!

... not because it's my birthday the next day (even though it really is) but because I NEED IT!

yesterday for example I got a package in the mail. I knew immediately what it was, beautiful fabrics I had ordered last week. Not till 1 Am did I get an opportunity to gaze adoringly at it in real life, and even then I was cut short by the hour... i have to sleep sometime!

You should see it though... it's darling. It's Anna Maria Horner's little folks dobby. I got the blue and the pink! Oh and i got some of this for the window!

now to find time...


Ah yes... here we are in Oceanside (as promised)

I told my dad to get the very cheapest place he could find, and this is what he found! A gorgeous beach house with amazing views! Something tells me he didn't look much farther. But you aren't gonna hear me complaining!


The man that made all this possible, my dad!


We didn't bring swimsuits with us. Even though you're headed to the beach, when the calendar say's January it just doesn't cross your mind! .... well my mind anyways. My kids were dying to soak in the icy salt water! who woulda thunk??


So we headed to targét (if you put that little swoopy thing over it you can say it more frenchi like :)

It's fun, give it a try.


anyhoo... we picked up some essentials... like bubbles and buckets


and swimwear of course! I couldn't believe Kassidy and Natalie agreed to get the same swimsuit! (so not like them!) but they were so dang cute walking around together slightly resembling the doublemint twins :) haha



I can't help but giggle as I look at this one. First you have to note the funny look on Dad's face, then picture the moment happening in slo-mo...

wwwwhhhhhaaaaaaaaa?

Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee gggrrrrrrrooooooooooooossssseeeeeee!

haha, did you like my slo-mo writing skills?

yeah, that was dad stepping in a big doogie poo. But on the bright side everyone else looks jolly eh?


Completely off subject: I am seriously downing this batch of amazing chocolate chip cookies! I added a link incase you wanted a taste of the evilness I call goodness.


Maybe you have, but then again maybe you haven't heard that yesterday I lost 8 gigs of photos. It's very mysterious...

an 8 gig SD card claims it hasn't been formatted? Wha? My computer can't read it... my camera can't either! I took it pretty hard but it wasn't till today that I realized how much I had actually lost :( It was the originals of this very trip to oceanside CA. Roughly 700 RAW files... gone.

I wasn't done editing them and I for sure hadn't backed them up yet. I always feel like they're so safe on the SD cards. Yah well I won't make that mistake again.

* Thanking lucky stars it wasn't photos of someone else's kids! *

And yet still sad to lose my own.


That's right... hug it out. Everything will be ok.







Kassidy left her shoes at the bonfire the night before... amazingly we recovered one in the morning. But not 2.


BTW the shakes at Ruby's Diner are really good!


Dad took us down to the end of the pier for a bite to eat.


They have this bird there they claim is famous Charlie is his name... this isn't him.



On the way back Lucy humored me but letting me take mucho photo of her :)


thankful


everyday


for


her


spUnKY


personality...

well except for yesterday when she drove me crazy in IKEA, a store that drives me nuts even if there were no kids to factor in. That place seriously makes me insane. The arrows! Windy maze of trails! Heaven forbid you try to find a short cut to get out of that place! No doubt after getting further lost you will go to plan B, which is finding the nearest arrows and faithfully following them till you can see the light of day, which is where you run (because you didn't get anything anyway) run like a crazy mad woman toward the door tripping over everything and not caring a bit.

is it just me?


Lucy's sand castle.


On our way home we stopped over at Uncle Stan and Aunt Lillie's home. There was much bliss to find there like Lillie's homemade muffins...



the kids had zero problems spotting the candy jars :)


Savannah especially loved them. What joy for a child to find candy freely within reach!


I call this one " The Stare Off" haha...I love it.


So Dad if you're reading this at all.... I love you, thank you so much for enabling the joys of that weekend! Mom thinks your co-dependent, but I think you're right... you're an enabler. She thinks I am co-dependent too, so maybe someday I can grow up to be an enabler like you. Whats wrong with that?

Incase yall's didn't know I have the best family ever.

sure, you can puke now if you like :)

How much do you love to pass through windmill territory whe you go the LA way to California? They're pretty dang awesome! Tried my best to capture their massiveness/vastness for all to see.

I almost want to apologize for such a long post. naa.