Monday, October 13, 2008

YUM !

I have this really good cookie recipe I'd like to share. It's for chocolate chip cookies. I have been trying for years to find a good recipe for the classic chocolate chip cookie. I almost stopped trying to find one, after all if it's this hard to find one then maybe I have to stop blaming the recipe and start blaming the cook right? Yep, just about declared myself a cookie dunce. Ahhh but thankfully it is not so... for I have found the all time yummiest chocolate chip cookie recipe!

But first I have to share something else..

Recently I have been toying with the idea of opening a bakery... on one hand its a perfectly dreamy thought... on the other it's perfectly risky business!

So I was opening all these Dove Promises (for the cookies of course!). I always read them. They are at the very least entertaining. But then I came across this one...


I can't help but think this one was meant for just me! This was the only one if its kind in the whole bag! (very unusual) It struck me immediately. Yes it is so true! I am very aware of the failure possibilities, but can I let that stop me? If I never try, I will never learn, if I never learn that will be a failure in itself!

On to the cookie...


Tastes even better than it looks! Ok so I have to admit I did modify the recipe a teensy tinsy bit. Nothing too extravagant. For instance when it calls for semi-sweet chocolate chips I actually used chopped up Dove dark chocolate. I LOVE dark chocolate. The thing I have found in doing this is that the chocolate stays all melty and gooey. And the chunks make for these "chocolate bombs" as I refer to them. You'll have to try it and see what I mean.

I thought if I just took a picture of the page out of my recipe book I wouldn't have to type it out. Click on the picture for a larger view!


One more note... This recipe calls for walnuts. I don't totally love walnuts. I do however love them in brownies and raspberry walnut salads!

I find that they are excellent in this recipe. I have also switched them out for pecans with really delicious results.

There you have it, a really really good chocolate chip cookie recipe!