Thursday, September 4, 2008

"qu'ils mangent de la brioche."

I am reading a book. It is a very long book. I'm not saying I don't like it but it is seriously taking forever to read. It's called "Atlas Shrugged", by Ayn Rand. It has 1168 pages and I am only on page 260.

I think when I finish I will celebrate with hot chocolate and cake.

Over the summer I read "Fablehaven" to my kids. It was the third one. When we finished we had a little celebration with hot chocolate and cake. All the sprinkles on the cake stood for something in the book (and there were alot of sprinkles), for example... the yellow sugar crystals were the fairy dust of the good fairies and the Purple was the fairy dust of the shadow fairies, you get the picture... This made the evening something to remember. If in the end they look back and say, "boy that was some good cake!" I will be happy, but better yet if they gain an adoration for books that keeps them reading thru and thru well then all the merrier!

Maybe Marie Antoinette was right..."qu'ils mangent de la brioche."
To say it plain "let them eat cake"

and so we will!