Friday, June 12, 2009

If I ever have a boy he's totally gonna be in a recital!


yesterday was so fun. We got to go to the dress rehearsal for Natalie's recital "Be Our Guest". Admittedly these top two photos were taken on picture day a week ago. Another easy way to remember when is... the day after she chopped her "bangs" for the second time rendering them quite short. Almost buzz like. On some days it's reminiscent of a mullet.
~ Joe Dirte(ish)~

The first time she chopped them (two days before the bang buzz mullet) they didn't look too bad... in some ways I kinda liked it. Reminded me of Audrey Hepburn.

I started dreaming up an Audrey Hepburn photoshoot...

but then she decided to { even them out }, claiming she { didn't know they were getting shorter }.

And then the dream was crushed. That was the day I was really really cranky.

Perhaps her adventures in hair disasters could have waited till after the recital? I guess not.


Luckily it's hard to tell from the pictures whats really going on {in or on} her head :)

besides lots and lots of hairspray.

And still she manages to look beautiful... I kinda doubt I could pull off a bang buzz.

OK now i have a little song. It's from Sesame Street. Feel free to sing along...

"Most of these kids belong together
Most of these kids are kind of the same
But one of these kids is doing her own thing
can you tell before the song is done..."



"And now the song is done!"

Did you guess before the song was done?? Haha. i love it.

But then there's this next one...


Which is also fun. Natalie told me how some of the girls had to point their arms toward her while she stood in the middle looking very ballerina like...

...I'ts cuz you're the star of the show! I say...

She totally ate it up.

I loved this too.


This is after the dance. They had no clue how to exit. Some of the just took off in the wrong direction. Of course Natalie was one of them!

I've seen kid recitals on "America's Funniest Home Videos" before. I laughed with rest of em... secretly dreaming of the day when I could go to my own kid's recital and be delighted by funny things kids do. It did not disappoint. I LOVED this! I am almost positive I am going to put Lucy in dance now. The recital makes it all worth it . Priceless


Tonight is the actual recital. I can't wait because they don't allow cameras inside tonight. Which means I get to just sit back and fully enjoy the show. Sometimes I feel like I'm documenting things I didn't actually see. I know, I know... you don't feel the least bit of pity for me. I'm ok with that.


You're probably wondering why the heck your listening to Kris Kross right now :) Actually you probably paused it. You did, didn't you? Haha. Come on, unpause the music... live a little.

The last dance we witnessed...

3 boys
D-back shirts, basketball shorts
tearin it up to
oh yeah... "JUMP JUMP"
thats right, i was singing Kris Kross all the way home :)

the mack dad'll make ya...
Kris Kross'll make ya

JUMP JUMP

Everybody now...

K, Lu is trying to watch Bambi. She getting mad at me.

Just sing amongst yourselves!