Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Up on the house top...( ready to jump off)

Red Alert!- For anyone that read this post prior to seeing this red alert, I must tell you that this post was not as it was intended! That's right! After spending hours trying to post this last night (my computer was running S-L-O-W) it crapped out on me all together. Re-boot you say? It wouldn't even do that! Seriously I had to stretch my big toe over to the power strip and flip the switch. Probably didn't help that I was alone and I really don't know what to do in these serious times, however my last resort was not responded to very well by the computer at all! So I bagged it and went to bed. I mean it was 1:30 am after all! Ook I wish I knew how to turn my red alert red... oh well. BTW- I couldn't believe I already had 4 comments when I awoke this morning! Stoked and embarrassed all at the same time! Gotta love that!

I have been a blog slacker... this I know! But today marks the end of hours and hours of This:


Which for me is cause to celebrate! I suppose Chad can celebrate a little too... but wow of all the classes Chad has taken this physics class takes the cake! I know I've mentioned to more than a few how terribly hard physics looks (I say looks only because I have obviously never taken it... and hope to never have to take it.) But the man hours Chad put in doing his homework for which there were apparently no answers... ??? Don't ask me... HUGE!

So Chad, Welcome back to our family... we missed you terribly, I look forward to getting to know you all over again. Love ya babe.

So I've be a slack-blog-yokel lately...

I can't help it... Christmas is too hard for me. I have never been good at it. The word that best describes me + Christmas is utter discombobulation. Here is some of the things I haven't done yet this year...

• Made my Christmas cards... Wendy, has it been 2 or 3 years I've been meaning to do that one card??

• Taken family photos... or even just the kids photos!

• Watched a Christmas movie... cartoon or otherwise.

• Made yummy treats to hand out to cool people that I love. Of course I did make some gingersnaps but I ate almost all of them myself! (almost refers to the few I gave to Lori and Katie, but only because of coincidental timing on their part)

• Taken a sleigh ride...I actually never have done this but I think I should some day...

• Begged Chad to hang Christmas lights, why bother this late in the game.

So I'm lame-o. We finally let the kids decorate the tree. It was them or no one. I fell asleep on the couch while they had the time of their lives lavishly place ornament in large clusters on the tree leaving plenty of room on the bottom and top for nothingness... But I'm okay with it because when I woke up it was all done and life was good!

And so far Lucy has only broken 2 ornaments this year! Which I made that sounds all good and nice and stuff but it's actually a real bummer because one of them is a family favorite "Teddytone tunes". It's a hallmark ornament that plays Christmas music while you turn the crank on the side, meanwhile the teddies on top toot their horn and drum their drum and crash their symbols... teddy horn player lost his arm yesterday, but that wasn't enough... poor guy lost his head today. Well I guess I should have helped out by putting some up high. But on the other hand she only broke it because she loves it so much that she has been carrying it around nonstop!

And besides...


No one can stay mad at that very long. I mean really...