Thursday, September 11, 2008

Kassidy, meet Carl...



I signed Kassidy up for a class at the Mesa Art Center, and today was her first day. This is a 3 hour "art block", for homeschooled kids. She absolutely loved it! Trouble is only one other kid showed up... yep, you guessed it. It was Carl. See how she proudly displays the bird puppet she so lovingly named Serena? I am just hoping this class doesn't get canceled (due to the lack of kids). Kass will be so bummed.


I knew the moment I laid eyes on this lovely water artscape that kassidy would find a way to be in it. Moms know.


On our way home I was asking Kassidy how she liked it, what she did, the usual stuff. And then I said, "what about Carl? Is he like your best friend now?" To that she answered, "well... (pause)...YEAH!" That answer shocked me but it made me chuckle. She's such a delightful little girl. I was worried that we'd be having a bit too much togetherness but I haven't found that to be so. Thankfully!


Oh the hair! How I love the hair! But why is it always in her face? I think I have a million pictures of Lulu and her hair. We call it her rockstar hair. Me and Lu had some quality together-time as well. We walked around and enjoyed the artsyness of that place while we waited for Kassidy to finish up.


I know this picture is so bright. Too bright. I almost want to put my shades on just looking at it. Everything in it is yellow. You can't see it in this picture, but the planter she's standing on is filled with pieces of yellow glass. And the hair, don't forget the hair! How I love my rockstar baby. (: peek-a-boo belly :)