Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy


Its becoming evident, people outside is major. I am loving the cooler weather even if it is still in the 100's at least its in the low hundreds. And the evenings are so perfect.

We have been going to the park almost every night that Chad works. The kids get to play and get worn out at the same time. Tawna, I know I said I wasn't going to post pictures of this but I couldn't resist. They were having so much fun I just had to share.


This busted sprinkler was the awesomest thing that happened all day. When the sprinklers turned on the kids were on it! They covered it with a plastic do-hickey that made it go low and river like straight to the sand. Didn't take long till there was a huge crevice channeling the water to the pond at the end. We had so much fun. It was a happy day. If you don't believe me just look at Kassidy. (in the green shirt) If that ain't the happy dance I don't know what is.


But this right here probably made me the happiest. I know it's just two girls and their skateboards but it's more than that. It's girls finding out things. Things in common. Giggling. The discovery of a friend is so powerful to kids.

K: What grade are you in?
F: 5th.
K: Me too!! Do you play strings?
F: I play violin
K: Oh! I play viola! Do you want to hear me play?
F: Sure!

I know it's a blurry picture. Even if I could hold the camera still enough in this low lighting situ. there was no chance the girls were gonna be still. Even so I love it.