Sunday, February 1, 2009

La Fleur Debris


Jesus wants Lucy for a sun-BEAN! Or so she'd have you believe...


Last week we ditched church (more on that in my next post) but the story's not the same this week. We went. And I'm glad we did! Something happened that stuck with me. I like it when that happens.


At first I thought to myself... how bad is it that I'm standing out in the hall chatting with a friend when I should be sitting in the chapel with my family? It didn't seem right, but still I delayed going back in. And then one of the primary teachers joined us ... she was feeling ill. I thought to myself, please leave sweet lady that I don't know. I would rather not get sick nor would I appreciate my kids getting sick. But I know how it is. Sucks to find a sub. So I offered to take her class. Best thing I could have done. It was the sunbeams! I knew atleast half of them from my previous calling in nursery. The sweet moment happened when I asked who would like to say the opening prayer... right away little Mackenzie raised her hand. It went a little something like this...

Dear Heavenly Father,

We're thankful to be at church, and we're thankful that we're going to be good, and we're thankful we're going to listen to our teacher, and we're thankful that we obey, and we're thankful... (it went on) but as it did I thought, how sweet is this little girl? She didn't ask for a single thing! I love how she has obviously already made the choice to be good and obedient and now she was just thankful that she made those choices!

I can learn a lesson from her. I want to be just like her. Perhaps I could ask for less if only I would resign myself to making more christ-like choices, and when I do, I bet I would be thankful I did. For I will be more like her, and she is good.

Why are kids so perfect?

Dear Heavenly Father... I'm thankful I was standing in the hall that day at that time...


I made this dress. And on this dress there is a little flower pin I made using Heather Bailey's "La Fleur Debris" design. They are very cute and can be used for many different things-

pin it on a dress ~ pin it on a hat ~ pin in on a jacket ~ wear it in your hair ~ plop it on top of a gift... see, there's lots you can do.



Do you want to make some with me? I am going to plan on making these friday night. And any peoples that would like to join me may. This will be after the children go to bed, so like after 8:30.