Tuesday, January 13, 2009

On A Lucky Roll

I never have lucky streaks like this so I have to document it. Probably you'll all decide I'm not sane and discontinue your blog-readership...

Ok so yesterday was interesting... Chad is being put on day shift at work, not permanently but for about 6 months (give or take). While this may seem like a break through to all of you not having to deal with my car situation I can assure you it is not... that is, not that great for us. Countless people remark on the horribleness of night shift not realizing it's how we have been able to survive with one car for 11 years! (health issues... overweightness... early death, we've heard it all...and we take it for what it's worth!)

Anywhoo, he needed some steel toe boots. So we went shopping. With 3 kids... and no stroller. That my friend was actually a little on the unlucky side, but tuck that under the mat and forget it k! I also had a little exchanging to do of unmentionables to a little place called Victoria's Secret... which is hard for me because lets just say I'm an uncommon size (this is starting to sound very unlucky but stay tuned it gets better) And also there's exactly one pair of steel toes shoes at San Tan mall and they live at Dillard's. Dr. Martins, $125... Chad does not agree to the price and we move on. So as unlucky as this is sounding it is actually extremely lucky for me...

That's because...

1. I got to drop Chad and the kids at home where he made them dinner and put them to bed and cleaned the kitchen (that right there is worth alot)

2. I got to go to the mall by myself, which is always the preferred way.

3. (this is the best one) Ok I have to back up a little here... First you must know that I have quite the love of hot chocolate. And more particularly Williams Sonoma dark hot chocolate (this is good quality grated chocolate) Regular price $20. Ok not my kind of price I will have to admit, which is why every year I wait and wait for Christmas to be over so I can run out and get my hands on this for a mere $8.99. But this year same as last, right after Christmas only had the peppermint hot chocolate left, which don't get me wrong is awesome and of course I got some but still I long for the dark chocolate... the cashier gives me little hope saying they were sold out before Christmas... ho hum.

But... hehe... I decide I must stop in as I am sans children, and well its right on the way to VS anyway, whats the harm? No way there it is! One glorious canister of Williams Sonoma dark Hot Chocolate! But every store was sold out before Christmas!! How can this be!! I didn't care how it happened... it happened, and that my friend is lucky! But if you really must know how it happened, as I proudly strutted it up to the cashier with glee (no doubt I was glowing) she was shocked...

cashier:"Where did you get this? We don't have this!"
Me: "Why off the shelf of course"
cashier #2: "Someone returned that about an hour ago. Who in their right mind returns that?"
Me: "Really! This is for sure my luckiest day ever!"

And so began my luck. I also was very lucky at Victoria's Secret because they had my size in a color other than leopard and nude... and also there was something else but I think I will stop there. Just know that I paid less than was expected... which is indeed lucky!

4. if were still counting... i got six fortune cookies in my to-go pack from PF Changs which meant that Chad got one and I got five. Five fortunes can't do anybody any harm...

Which reminded me of a few things...

Me and Tawna making fortune cookies for Indata... Mostly me making them because Tawna is a wimp when it comes to folding really hot cookies! I looked up fortunes on the internet and found a page that is dedicated to strange fortunes and we used all those... they were quite interesting... also we were smart and put an Indata logo on the fortunes, that was awesome. Ever had a fresh fortune cookie? Really yummy ok.

Also last week when we were eating Chinese food with my family and my dad suggested to add "in bed" to the end of our fortunes making for quite the interesting fortune (strange coming from my dad, but ok)

So one of my fortunes said, "Your kindness will be rewarded" (in bed?) Hmmmm... whatever you say dad!

hehe

But wait I haven't said the best luck yet! Ok so some already know of my car issue at the moment, and for those that don't here it is in a nutshell...

car didn't pass emissions - Honda wants to charge $2000+ to fix it. It's got alot of miles and it's really not worth very much - the catalytic converter is causing the check engine light to go on which is what is causing us to fail. I was stressing about trading it in. I didn't particularly want a car payment especially when I didn't have time to really think about what I wanted to get. Ok I actually know exactly what I want but Chad finds these vehicles "not practical". What? Four seats for a family of five ain't so bad is it??

well last night the light wasn't on, it's not always on just most of the time... But dang it, emissions is closed! So I decided that if per chance the light was off in the morning I was heading straight to emissions... it was off!!! Still I wasn't sure it would pass, I mean it still might read some codes right?? I don't know how that all works. Plus I was pretty sure it was going to come on as we were waiting in line... and then again when they said I had to turn my car off, and they restarted it... that was scary... i wasn't breathing...

We totally passed!

Not five miles down the road the check engine light comes on... haha now that is luck!

See I told you I was on a lucky roll!

Stress goes away, girl sips on chocolate... life is good!