Sunday, September 25, 2011

WANTED

opinions!! 

for all those who care to dish it.

one is film. one is digital.

I was going to make you guess which one is which but since to me it's so obvious which is which (its really not fair to the film image, scans of images are so horrid) I will just tell you...

the top one is digital and the bottom one is film.

There just something different about film, they say. I can't put my finger on it. its just different. analog.
(if you ever wanted to see a side-by-side of film vs. digital you're in luck... I got one right here :))


furthermore if you ever wondered what a crop sensor is doing to your photos this is a prime example. Both images shot with a 50mm lens (or the equivalent... don't make me go into the specifics of shooting medium format) my digital is a crop sensor. Both images taken from the exact same spot. Look at all the real estate you're missing out on!

The question is... which do you prefer and why?




I feel like the scanner did an exceptionally terrible job of scanning this one in. Wooo doggies.

I can assure you with certainty the actual print does not have a blown out dress.

You don't have to be a photography expert to have an opinion. I welcome all opinions :) !!

Chad and I have differing opinions on this one.  And incase you wonder why I have one on digital and one on film, my film camera is a Pentax 6x7 and I don't trust the light meter one iota. And since I don't want to put out the money for a hand held light meter I use the digi to proof the shot.

This photograph very much belongs with the sunrise collection from the previous post.


Talk to me people!!!