Thursday, April 22, 2010

Recklessly abandon(ed) {by} the sun.

and in the end it was a race against the sun.

The sun won.

and we did not.

for on our way to our point of interest we were surprised by a field of yellow as far as our eye could see. It was magnificent.

We said things like... oh we must stop on our way back!

And such as life (when you've recklessly abandoned all you do and love to just BE) we were having the time of our lives. We stretched the daylight as far as we could.

We watched as the sun disappeared behind the tip of the mountain to the west.

But we are determined. Because... well, have you seen this field of flowers?



and in the very last of the lingering light we stood there like this.


and this.


and then we had some fun doing things like this. Because we are fun people.


I think I've proven my point.

more of the { Reckless Abandon } series to come.

Maybe like tomorrow or something. I'm not sure. I've got a date with Natty.

(it's a hair date. Shhhh, don't tell her. I am pulling her out of school to get primmed proper!)

I AM SO EXCITED!

...though she may not be because I just learned tonight that tomorrow is the much anticipated "field day" ( I personally hated field day as a child, but apparently my kids are more agile than I am and so rather love it)

but it's too late. Appointments have been made. There's no going back!!