Monday, March 15, 2010

Honk if you try new things too

Yesterday I had a really fabulous idea...

I thought the Mister and I could pack the kids up in the car and head over to Tempe Town Lake area to scout out new shooting locations.

Well... such as life, there was an event going on there. I suppose i should have known. It was Sunday after all.

apparently I am not willing to shell out $10 to park at an event I hadn't planned on attending, or fight crowds I hadn't planned on fighting.

We left.

I just wanted to have a look around.

Do you ever have those moments where you realize the most obvious thing and think how did i not see this before? Yes well I had one of those a few days ago.

regarding texture on photos...

I looked over at chad and said, it's just a picture of a wall or something! Why do people charge so much for texture? I've seen photographers charging $245 for a set of texture, which is of course what has kept me from buying them!

SO... we decided to tunk around the ASU campus and collect "texture" for experimentation purposes.


now don't laugh, this is my VERY FIRST attempt at texture on a photo.

ok you can laugh. I for one am totally planning on looking back at this and laughing.

if nothing else you can laugh at poor Natalie's hair. Why won't her mama help her out with that?

I try, I really do... it's just. so. um. yeah. puffy or something? 80's rocker is how Chad puts it.


and this would be attempt #2.

{ photo pulled from summer files }

I thought it a good idea to see how tree bark looked on one of my more vintage looking photos. Eh... I don't know. I think i need to explore a bit more.

Photography is such a process.

A process I happen to be thoroughly enjoying :)

Fell free to critique away and share any tips you might have!