Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Don't you think my G-PA is cute?



Meet gramps. Cute little fella eh?


now meet grams... (that is if you haven't already, I swear to you i run into so many unlikely people that somehow know my grandma and grandpa... it's amazing)

really.

they're very popular.

Grandma is VERY silly... always laughing { as you can very well see }

She is turning 85 this year! You'd never know it though. You couldn't meet a more peppy upbeat fun loving woman. Always on the go. Grams... if you're out there... I think you're incredible and wonderful and I love your happy silly personality with all my heart.



When I look at this picture I have a few things come to mind.

1. Kassidy, no need to wave at the camera.
2. sea spray + my hair = wonkiness, and also 4 shirts might be a bit much.
3. What a cool bunch of yay-hoos :)


I will admit right now, at first I had no intention of attending this shin-dig.


I am from AZ. it is hot and dry here. Something I've sorta grown to love... the beach in January doesn't sound that appealing to me. I've been to the beach in July and if I remember correctly it was freezing and windy... sand everywhere... and my kids were cold and wet and well it was all just a little bit miserable. So January? yeah. I dunno.



And as much as I did want to see the fam, had it not been for Chad working a long week we probably would have missed this.


and that would have been sad because we had SO MUCH FUN!

My kids were in heaven :) and i was right there with them!


Lori and i had some fun times taking pictures of each other taking pictures of each other... does that make sense? There's more where this came from but I will save them for a later post.


actually I am doing this in 2 parts.

This post will be of the actual reunioning and the next will be more personal photos of us enjoying our weekend at (or near) the amazing beach house we were staying at (thanks to dad!)



This is my cousin Lindsay (whom I used to pen pal with as a child) and my aunt Cathy.


Sue and Jack... so sweet together :)


and little Kimmie.


Erin holding her littlest one, Will. It's Will right?


oh yes and Shannon. I <3 her. She is super duper fun, a lovely person in every sense of the word!







kids in heaven.


lots of photographing going on. Could my aunt Cathy be any cuter?


SO glad I didn't let a little thing like the word JANUARY keep me away


the weather was actually really quite lovely... it was sunny and warm in the mornings and it cooled off a bit in the evenings but even so it was never freezing.


I never even knew of Gavins existence. Lindsay, we really must keep in touch better.


He's kinda adorable!


this little girl is only supposed to be like 5! What happened there!


Savannah #1


Savannah #2

{ and if you scroll back up to the little one in the colorful stripey hat you will see Savannah #3! }

apparently we are quite fond of the name Savannah!


When Chad sees these he will say (as usual) there you go trying to shoot straight into the sun again!


and I will say, because I love it so.


The sun in magical. it kisses us with its glowing lips of light and I can't get enough.


no the easiest exposure to get but easily the most rewarding when you do!


don't even get me started on my infatuation with reflection!


this is one of my favorite images of the day. Lolo and Savannah #2


I also really liked this one photo of the girls at the tippy end of the day. one of the last, if not the very last snap taken. It has some interesting natural vignetting on it. Whilst I am not a huge fan of vignetting I did take a liking to it in this photo.

Perhaps because it is as captured?

I'd like to say thanks again to all my family who put thought and effort into making this reunion happen! It was awesome, I loved everything about it.

be sure to check out Lori's take on the reunion here!