Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Nothing clever comes to mind.

I'm supposed to be sleeping right now. Chad's looking at me like I'm crazy. Tomorrow is his birthday and as usual he is itching to bust out the snowboards, which means we have to wake up super duper early. I am not an early riser. I looked at the weather for tomorrow...

not impressed.

sadly I'm a sucker and will end up going anyway even if it kills us both. Hate to see his b-day wish not come true.

I just really really wanted to get some more hawaii up before its the oldest news ever.


So this is day 2. We are in Oahu and the Dole Pineapple plantation. That was the first stop on a long list of things to do that day.


This is my dad. He's lots and lots of fun. I think this picture speaks for itself :) hi dad!


This is Lucy she is also lots and lots of fun, but in more of a bossy fingers up the nose kind of way! hehe...


The girls waiting for the Pineapple express


and this is the Pineapple express. It took us one a little tour of the plantation filling us with interesting tid bits of info.

none of which i can remember.

Before we left for Hawaii a friend told me of a little bakery we just HAD to stop at on our way up to north shore.


She didn't say it was the littlest shack of a place that we'd probably pass because if you blinked you would miss it.

Chad was the only one not blinking at the very moment we passed it. good eye Chad!

That's right. We passed it. But per the high recommendation we turned around and went back to it.

it was very good. A must for sure!


after that we stopped at Sunset beach.

This was the most beautiful beach ever. Sadly this is also the beach we had the least amount of time to soak in. The water was so blue and the waves were... wavy looking?? some of the waves at the other beaches were kinda weak. This is where the surfers hang out :) so yeah nice big waves.



You think I'm lying to you by the looks of these pictures but i swear Im not. I do have some photos of people surfing here, just kinda limited on time so I skipped it... maybe I will post later.


This gives me something to look forward to on my next visit

{ crossing my finger that there will be another one :) }


Mark my word... I will talk atleast one of my kids into getting married in the Hawaii temple. Start saving up, it will be a good worthwhile excuse to vacation here!

The temple is beautiful in and of itself but man the grounds are gorgeous as well! So glad we made time to stop here!


yeah yeah. everyone but me :)


next stop the PCC. (Polynesian Cultural Center) It was HOT. Hotter than hot. We needed these snowies badly.

they look top heavy you say? You want to know if they were tippy? Well yes I say! Indeed they were tippy!

Cold and fruity and yummy and tippy. It's all good.


Ukulele lesson.

kelly, you know I used to never be able to spell ukulele but that all changed when we were schooled in how to pronounce ukulele and come to find out its spelled exactly how its pronounced! who knew...

oookooo-laylay


The kids did a little fishing with paper clips...

say wha????

yeah. You heard right. paperclips. They swear kids can catch fish with them, needless to say I wasn't surprised when we didn't catch a fish!!!


Also we made some fishies... it was our basket weaving lesson.

We learned alot here at the PCC! like something else I learned...


I'm not a big fan of Hawaiian food. Way too much purple on a plate for me. That root thing they eat, poi is it?

yeah yuck.

we did get some fantastic entertainment though.













The hula girls mesmerized my dad. He said so more than once. They were pretty amazing!

wish i had time to write more about it but as I mentioned before Chad is dragging me to Flagstaff tomorrow for some snowboarding bliss.

he's going to wake me up at 6ish. I hate 6ish.

wish me luck!